Please note that this area of the website and its content is only for professional advisers based within the United Kingdom, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The information and documents contained within are not for use by retail clients and by proceeding, you confirm that you are a professional adviser based in the UK.
Why Bordier UK
As a specialist investment manager, our sole focus is to provide investment management solutions to professional advisers, charities, family offices and other large institutions.
Our services include the management of funds within general investment accounts, ISAs, pensions, trusts and offshore bonds.
By choosing us to manage your clients’ investments, you and your clients can benefit from:
- The Bordier Group:
- Built on solid foundations, with a strong tier one capital ratio of 32.1% (June 2022).
- One of the few private, family-owned businesses of scale in UK DFM market space.
- Access to onshore and offshore as well as multi-currency solutions.
- Directed by three Managing Partners who carry unlimited liability.
- Consistency: Track record of fund selection, solid asset allocation and long-term performance and tenure of senior management.
- Range of services: Wide range of discretionary services for all client types – on platform, off platform, big, small – all clients benefit from full Bordier UK expertise.
- Awards and ratings:
- Defaqto 5 Star Ratings across our bespoke, managed and platform managed portfolio propositions.
- Asset Risk Consultants 3D award.
- Corporate winner or shortlisted for over 100 prestigious industry awards since 2014.
- Our Investment Committee: Our robust and repeatable centralised investment process ensures consistency of performance and risk management across client portfolios with similar risk profiles and with no individual manager risk.
- Alignment of interests with you and your client: Our principals’ money is invested alongside your clients and we do not sell our own products.
We appreciate the extensive due diligence that you are required to undertake when selecting a suitable discretionary fund manager to manage your clients’ investments.
We have opened our business and services up to a selection of independent ratings providers, who have undertaken comprehensive reviews of our systems and processes.
We are also able to provide comprehensive answers to any questions you may have during your due diligence process, including in-depth information into our services and details of the key aspects of our business.
Asset Risk Consultants
We have been awarded the 2022 Suggestus 3D Award from Asset Risk Consultants (ARC) due to our ongoing commitment to transparency, engagement and integrity.
The award confirms our dedication to providing the highest standards of service and investment management solutions to our clients in a completely transparent and honest manner. In addition, the award enables private clients, professional advisers, charities and wealth management professionals to identify investment managers that have demonstrated a superior standard of transparency and engagement. We have received the ARC 3D Award for eight consecutive years.
A copy of our ARC Suggestus 3D Due Diligence Questionnaire can be downloaded from the ARC Suggestus website.
We have achieved and retained the maximum Defaqto 5 Star Ratings for our Wealth Management Service and Managed Portfolio Service for the tenth consecutive year, whilst our Platform Managed Portfolio Service has been 5 Star Rated since the inception of Defaqto’s DFM MPS on Platform Rating category in 2014. We are one of only three discretionary fund managers (DFMs) to achieve the top rating in three DFM categories during this period.
Defaqto Star Ratings provide an independent assessment of products and service propositions based on the level of features and benefits they offer, combined with relevant provider information – giving each a rating of 1 to 5 to indicate where they are positioned in the market. A 5 Star Rating indicates that a proposition has one of the best quality service offerings in the market, based on the firm’s commitment to the adviser market, the way the proposition is structured and the flexibility it offers.
We have established strong relationships with many third-party providers over the years, including fund houses, platforms and back-office administration and CRM systems.
These relationships allow us to provide you and your clients with the:
- Best investments and research from the some of the biggest and smallest names in the fund management industry.
- Flexibility to access our investment propositions via different platforms and wrappers.
- Efficiency of management and award-winning client servicing and reporting.
- Considerable benefits of continuity and stability.
Back-office administration and CRM systems
We integrate with back-office administration and CRM systems to assist you in the holistic management of your clients’ portfolios.
The ability to feed client portfolio data, either via web portal or secure FTP, directly to your systems can help reduce administrative costs and facilitates the monitoring of portfolio performance and activity.
We currently work with the following back-office administration and CRM systems:
- Intelligent Office
We are open to working with your chosen supplier should we not already have links with them.
Platforms, SIPPs and offshore bond providers
Many professional advisers choose to use wraps and platforms at the heart of their business to simplify administration and improve efficiency. In recognition of this, we have steadily grown the number of third parties through which our services are available and are looking to grow this further.
We also have active relationships with a broad selection of SIPP and offshore bond providers.
Meet the team
Our experienced team of business development managers are here to provide you with further information on our services, support you through the due diligence process for new clients and to help answer any queries you may have for existing clients.
Alternatively, professional advisers who already have clients with us can visit our secure adviser area, where they have access to all the necessary forms and other client-facing information they may need.
We produce a range of literature to support you in communicating and recommending our services to your clients.
Please select the relevant section below to view our literature.
Client guides, due diligence and investment commentary
Hybrid Passive Managed Service
Platform Managed Portfolio Service
Risk Targeted Managed Service
Hybrid Passive Risk Targeted Managed Service
Risk Targeted Decumulation Service
We are also able to provide you with further documentation to support you in your due diligence process, including our ARC Suggestus 3D Due Diligence Questionnaire, on request.